Sunday 29 January 2012

YAMA-VIEW (author's note) No. 2

This is my second annotation for this first chapter. I'm here to explain what may be look as an inconsistency in the story: Yuki's look. As you already know, she's a kitsune, a yokai fox (refer to Glossary). Kitsune are in a category of yokai called OBAKE-shape sifters. Hence her appearance will vary from scene to scene, of course depending on the situation. But you'll notice a constant feature her white fur-hair in her human form-as I have stated I think in the glossary, in ancient Japanese myths kyubi-kitsune[9 tailed spirit fox] are described as having golden fur. So to make Yuki special amongst the special, I decided to make her fur white. Also when a kitsune transforms it does mostly into a female form independent of the gender of the fox. Same thing with possesions.

Be sure to check all the notes and the glossary for more exciting facts, stories and an inside view to book!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Black Gekikara here.

    Just a question but is this by any chance THE Yuki you're writing?

    If so, I really wanna read this but where to start? Too many Chapter 1s >.<

    Is it yuri though?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI, nice that you check it out!! First to answer the question:
      Its totally invented story, Yuki is the name of the main character, whom happens to be a kitsune. Yes I based myself on the AKB member Kashiwagi Yuki, lol!! Shiro is the name of the narrator another kitsune-which also happens to be my nickname, during high school I painted my hair white, lol-as for the Yuri, not still sure perhaps later or no, I'm just starting. I hope you take the time and like my novel. To read just go to the blog archive to the 2011 section and start at the foreword, it explains a lot about how this novel is going to be written! Hope to have cleared your doubts!
      :)

      Delete
  2. I tend to stay far away from none yuri reads but if by 'alter on' you mean there is no romance at the moment, then I will get started on this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, your ideas, maybe included as the story progresses. Romance, yuri aren't off the table, as I said I'm just starting, and I want to engage my readers into giving the story part of its life,so if I like what you propose I may add it!!!

      Delete